Are you the ever-supportive parent that watches all your kids’ games? Or are you a sports fanatic who does not want to miss any moment of your favorite game? Maybe, you just want to observe how the games are played? Whatever category you fall in, you know how bad the bleachers can get. Therefore, you need to get the best stadium seats.
In this read, you will find out what makes a stadium seat stand out from the rest. But definitely, there will be times where added supplements or accessories are needed to provide more comfort to the audience. This is where you will need portable stadium seat chairs, which we also did a review on.
Whether you are a provider of stadium seats or just a user of these seats, this read will prove to be beneficial in terms of knowing the ins and outs of the core stadium seats, as well as the handy option of having portable chairs. Having both perspectives will definitely give a deeper understanding of these sitting spaces.
So, sit back, relax, and learn more about how you can turn you bad seating experience, into a good one.
Best Stadium Seats Factors to Consider
Stadium seats are not just the place where the audience sits. In fact, everything that happens in a specific venue is centered around these seats. This is the place where people laugh, have a chat, eat, and even cry so you really need to have certain parameters in choosing what seats to get.
You should not only take into consideration the comfort of your audience but also keep in mind how the seats can be beneficial to them, as well as the type of activity that is done in the venue. With that said, here are some major factors to consider in choosing stadium seats:
- Architectural Design
- Structural Safety
- Fire Safety and Prevention
- Operational Safety and Security
This is in relation to the arrangement of the seats based on the present activity of the venue—should they be positioned like an arc, should they be all facing front, etc. For sports stadiums, they use the arc type as this is the shape that proves to be beneficial for all viewers to see what is happening in the middle.
You have to make sure that you do not have flimsy seats and wobbly supports. Most accidents that have been shown on television are the ones where the stadium seats collapsed and paved the way to stampedes. We do not want any of that from happening, right?
Therefore, keep in mind the materials that are used to make the stadium seats as well as the strength of the support beams.
Fire Safety and Prevention
This works hand in hand with other aspects of the venue, but the seats themselves form part of the supposed evacuation when emergency situations arise. This is in connection with the spacing of the seats, the width of the stairs, and also if some of the seats have light up signs that lead to the exits.
Operational Safety and Security
This is where you focus on the people who will sit in those seats. Are they spacious enough to accommodate people of all shapes and sizes? Do you have backrest allowance? Do you need to put railing or bars so that children will not fall?
All those projected situations and more are a part of this factor. Additionally, this is where you do quality checks if the seats have things in them that might snag a person’s clothing or might scratch the skin.
|Ventura Reclining Stadium Seat from OnivaTM||$$$||4.8/5|
|Flash Furniture Game Day Seat||$||4.8/5|
|Cascade Mountain Tech, LLC. New Wide Stadium Seat||$||4.7/5|
|Sportneer Stadium Seat||$$||4.3/5|
|Extra-Wide Stadium Seat by Home-Complete||$$||4.5/5|
|Picnic Time Portable Ventura Reclining Stadium Seat||$$||4.4/5|
|Portable Stadium Seat Chair, Sportneer Reclining Seat for Bleachers||$$||4.3/5|
|Stadium Boss Recliner Stadium Seat for Bleachers||$$$||4.3/5|
|Stadium Seat by Cascade Mountain Tech||$||4.6/5|
|Portable Stadium Chair For Bleachers||$$$||4.5/5|
The Five Contenders: Portable Stadium Seats
Generally, stadium seats were designed to provide the right amount of comfort and other functions for the people who are going to a specific event. But also, there will be times that you will be going to some events with crappy and uncomfortable seating. To combat those back aches, you can be saved by using portable stadium seats.
We are going to pit five portable stadium seats against each other in order to determine which are the best stadium seats. At the same time, we are going to discuss their features along with the advantages and disadvantages of using them. Read on to find out which ones we picked.
ONIVA Picnic Time Ventura Portable Stadium Seat Chair
This was purely made for convenience as you can take it anywhere with you. Further, transporting this chair can be hands-free since it has a feature where it folds flat immediately, and it also has backpack straps that are adjustable. They brand it as the “ultimate spectator chair.”
Additionally, it has a backrest and a wide seating area along with a high-density cushion foam to provide comfort. For added customization, you can choose from the seven positions for reclining. Furthermore, this can be used not only for outdoors but also for indoors because the material of the exterior is gentle enough to be put on top of wooden floors or carpets.
- It is very comfortable to sit on; the armrests also add to that comfort.
- It is easy to carry around as it is lightweight and can be folded easily.
- The seats provide adequate support to your lower back and buttocks.
- The different reclining options make it easy for you to find your preferred seating position.
- It can be too big for certain stadium seats.
- It limits the leg room of the people in the back row.
- Although lightweight, it still looks bulky when carried on your back.
- It has no hooks to properly secure it on the seats, so it is actually up to the person who sits on it to keep it securely in place.
Flash Furniture Grandstand Ultra-Padded Comfort Seats
It features three inches of CA117 foam that is fire retardant. Also, the back cushions have frames in them that will provide proper support to your back when you are in the leaning position. At the same time, it can be used for seating on the ground.
Moreover, it is very portable and lightweight because it can be easily folded into a size that is compact. There is also a carry bar for proper grip which is made from hard plastic. In addition, it has an aluminum frame that is durable and rustproof.
It also comes with bleacher hooks, to properly secure it on the stadium seat. Further, to add to its secure placement, it has rubber grips at the bottom.
- It is very easy to set up.
- Once completely set up, the size is perfect to be attached to the bleachers for it to be secure.
- The hooks are very helpful in securing the seat.
- The cushion is thick and very comfortable to sit on.
- They are very durable due to the supporting aluminum frames.
- It is absolutely not lightweight and is actually very heavy to carry around.
- The complete set up can be too high that the view of the people at your back may be obstructed.
- The cushion at the bottom can be too thick that your leg will not be able to touch the floor.
Cascade Mountain Tech Stadium Seat Chair
This was made with comfort in mind. Therefore, most of its features are centered on what its cushions can offer. In connection to that, it has a tough canvas which is held together by a reinforced bungee cord. Additionally, it has extraordinarily soft cushions.
To secure it in place, it has a hook to be placed under the bleacher. Set up and packing up is also effortless as it is easy to assemble and to fold. The handle that is also cushioned adds to the comfort aspect.
Further, it has two width space seats to choose from. You have a regular seat which has the measurements of 17 in. wide x 14 in. deep x 15 in. high. The other one is the wide seat that measures 20 in. wide x 14 in. deep x 15 in. high which is recommended for extra comfort.
- It is very easy to set up and to fold.
- It is comfortable to sit on.
- The hook is helpful to keep it secure on the bleacher.
- It is sturdy enough for you to lean on it.
- It is bulky, so when you have to carry it around for quite a distance, you will definitely feel its heavy weight.
- The sizes that the manufacturer advertises are not the same as the actual ones. Some are listed to be bigger than what they really are and vice versa.
- Some parts of the seat stretch too far that there will come a time that part of your butt is touching the actual bleacher.
- The elastic cords can also be felt when you sit on it.
- Sometimes, you feel like it is pushing you forward when you sit on it. It does that even if you have already broken it down.
- The longer you use it, the cushion at the bottom will sink to the point that it is no longer comfortable.
Sportneer Portable Reclining Stadium Seat Chair
The design of this portable stadium chair takes into mind, durability, and comfort. It has a steel frame to support the overall shape of the chair and has a padding with a 420D cushion that is made of polyester. At the same time, they have an inner stuffing of cotton to provide maximum comfort.
Sportneer Portable Reclining Stadium Seat Chair is also water resistant and has an anti-skid feature. Once you secure it in place, your seat will forever stay in that place until you decide to pack it up. Further, there are six positions for reclining that comes with armrests that are completely padded.
Another feature is that it has pockets on the side, so you will be able to store your food, game guides, or what have you that will prove to be useful to the event that you are going to. Lastly, it is easy to pack up as it folds flawlessly. It also comes with shoulder straps for easy carry-on.
- It is very comfortable to sit on.
- Its support frames are sturdy enough to support your whole back properly.
- You can find the perfect sitting position with the very handy multiple leaning positions.
- It does not slip on the bleacher even if you do not hook it.
- It is easy to set up.
- It is also very easy to fold.
- You can use it for both outdoors and indoors.
- It is handy to have side pockets for added storage.
- It does not have a hook as it only relies on its non-slip design to secure it in place.
- It can be bulky for smaller bleachers.
- The seating space can be small.
Home-Complete Stadium Seat Chair
With its extra-padded cushions at the back, this chair focuses on your back support. At the same time, you have a wide seating space partnered with armrests, so you will get more comfortable in your seat. Further, it has six reclining positions to choose from, so you will be able to find the perfect sitting position.
The bottom of this chair is fitted with an anti-skid panel; you need not hook it to the bleacher as it will stay securely in place. The bottom is also water-resistant. Additionally, it is easy to set up as well as to pack up for it has carry straps.
You can say that you can sit on the go since you can actually walk while the bottom of the seat is properly positioned on your back.
- This offers the biggest seating space out of all the portable chairs on this list.
- It is very comfortable to sit on.
- The armrests also add to the comfort.
- It offers the right amount of lower back support.
- The different reclining positions are handy to find the best sitting position.
- You will not miss the hook feature because this one sits securely in place.
- It is easy to set up and to pack up.
- It is very bulky and very heavy.
- The seat space is too wide that other people might not like the idea that you are taking too much space on the bleachers.
- The cushion at the bottom dips after extended use.
- It is not that sturdy; it will change its initial shape after many times of using it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Am I allowed to bring my portable stadium seat chair?
This depends on the venue that you are going to. Most outdoor sports stadiums—especially those that are not of the professional playing kind—allow people to bring portable chairs. But for bigger stadiums, you cannot bring them.
What is the most important feature of portable stadium seat chairs?
Pay attention to the back support and the cushion at the bottom. The main points of using these chairs are to combat that uncomfortable feeling of your bottom and the strain on your back when the stadium seats do not have a backrest. Therefore, choose one which has a sturdy frame and proper cushion padding.
Should I choose one that has a hook?
It is ideal to have one that has a hook that you can attach to the bleacher. However, there are other types of portable stadium seat chairs that have anti-skid padding that you do not have to hook down for it to be securely put in place.
Is there a general rule when it comes to etiquette in using portable stadium seat chairs?
There is really none. But keep in mind, that when you recline or lean back, be sure not to obstruct the view of the people at your back. At the same time, take note of the fact that your chair might take up too much leg room from the back row. So always sit in a position that will venture into the personal space of other people.
Why use a portable stadium seat chair?
If you are someone who constantly watches sports, you know that there can be venues where the seating is really not comfortable. What happens is, you end up going home with a sore back and even cold bottoms. Using a portable stadium seat chair is a solution to those problems.
Best Stadium Seats: The Final Verdict
The best one out of the five portable stadium seat chairs is the Sportneer Portable Reclining Stadium Seat Chair. You will really feel very comfortable on this one as it does not only provides support on your entire back, but it also cushions your bottom pretty well.
However, it is bulky. But that is a small price to pay for the comfort that all of us deserve. The addition of the side pockets also increases the usability aspect of this chair as that feature can be used for various purposes. Further, setting and packing up process is hassle-free that even a kid can assemble his or her own chair.
Additionally, you can choose from the six possible reclining positions, for you to truly enjoy that game you are watching. With its anti-skid and water-resistant design, you will not miss out on the “hook feature” as this one does not need one.
Truly, this portable chair was made with the user’s comfort and needs in mind. In this case, it pays to keep the user’s perspective front and center due to that fact that it can place you in the number one spot.